- Provides highly customized engagements with experienced business leaders, providing business planning, operations, financial and other assistance
- Collaborates and advises to drive innovation in new product development and processes, new supply chains and markets
- Assists with migration to e-commerce and technology platforms
- Connects local businesses to procurement opportunities
- Assists businesses with certifications (e.g., MWBE certification) that will increase their connections to contract opportunities (e.g., public space work for municipalities) and advance supplier diversity
Small- & mid-sized business
Mid-sized business owners:
- Entrepreneurship and acceleration services
- Customized advice, planning assistance, trouble-shooting and consulting
- Collaboration and advice on product development and processes, market development and growth management
- Up to eight weeks of expert consulting services for small- and minority-owned businesses through our Business Growth Services program
We provide personalized assistance for small business owners. Book a call with us
Business Growth Services program
Our team understands first-hand the promise and power that small, minority-owned businesses have in our increasingly inclusive Southland economy. We want to make sure we build on the strengths of small, minority-owned businesses and support their growth dreams.
We know the challenges faced by small and mid-sized businesses, particularly those owned by people of color, as they help grow the Southland’s economy. As a result, the SDA has created a model Business Growth Services (BGS) program to build on the strengths of local businesses and support their growth ambitions.
Through our Business Growth Services program, we offer emerging and growth-oriented businesses highly personalized consulting services that are customized to address their goals and needs.
Business clients are matched with leading experts with deep experience in their business and industry.
Business owners who apply and are selected into the program receive, without charge, a wide range of specialized services (generally valued up to $30,000), depending on their needs, opportunities and desired scope of engagement. These include:
- – Research of financial resources and applications
- – Up to eight weeks of individualized, one-on-one business consulting sessions
- – Networking opportunities
- – New product development
- – Business planning
- – Financial analysis and planning tools
- – Marketing
- – Operations optimization
We assist businesses like yours with connections to partners, investors, customers and communities – from contract opportunities to key certifications to increased supplier diversity. We connect businesses to opportunity.
Connect with us
Join the network: access resources for business owners, residents and investors; find business partners, clients and customers; develop new products and markets; secure specialized technology, training and financing — be a part of the exciting transformation of the Southland.